Cheapest Registered Office Address
What is a registered office address, and why do I need one?
When you initially set up a new business as a limited company in the UK, one of the first legal requirements you’ll encounter is to provide Companies House with a registered office address.
This is where all official communications relating directly to your company will be sent. ‘Official communications’ in this context refers to any direct correspondence sent from UK government departments and agencies. Typically this will be HMRC and Companies House, although other official bodies may also use it when required.
As such, it’s an extremely important factor in setting up a limited company- indeed, it’s a legal requirement for all registered companies and partnerships based in the UK. Moreover, when you provide Companies House with your registered office address, all future official notices sent to that address are assumed to have been received by your company.
A few quick facts about your registered office address
- All UK-based limited companies or partnerships are legally obliged to provide the address of a registered office in the UK, as dictated by Section 86 of the Companies Act 2006
- This must be established and in place before you continue the process of setting up and registering your limited company
- UK registered companies must provide a registered office address in this country, even if your actual business activity occurs entirely online (for example ecommerce), or if you conduct the majority of your day-to-day business activity overseas.
- While it doesn’t need to be in the same location as your business premises, it does need to be in the same national jurisdiction of the UK (e.g. England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland) as your company registration
- It’s your legal responsibility to ensure that you and/or your company directors will have direct access to any official documents and communications sent out to your registered office address, on an ongoing basis, from the time of registration
- It’s not possible to use a PO Box alone - while it’s fine to include one as part of your publicly available record, there must still be a physical street address and viable postcode attached to it
- Your registered office address will appear on the Companies House public record, and as such will be available to anyone searching for it
- For this reason, many companies choose to register a different address for office communications that isn’t the same as their regular trading or business premises
Can I buy a registered office address that’s different to my business address?
Yes, absolutely - and when you choose to buy one from Hoxton Mix, you’ll get instant access to some of the cheapest registered office address deals on the market today. We can easily provide you with a convenient and cheap official correspondence address, starting from as little as 41p a day.
Why might I want to buy one?
The correspondence address you register with Companies House is assumed to be the permanent target for all official postal communications going forward. As such, if you don’t want it to be the same as your main physical/trading location, then it’s worth giving some consideration to which details you’ll use.
- While it can be changed in future, you’ll need to inform Companies House in advance, complete the necessary paperwork, and pay a fee in order to officially register the change on public record
- If you think your correspondence address may need to change in future - or if your best option for official communications is a personal/residential premises that you’d prefer to keep off the public record - then you may prefer to buy a registered office address instead
- Additionally, Companies House requires that the name of your company must be displayed reasonably prominently at the address given
- Specifically, any signage displayed must be easy to see and read at all times, including outside trading hours or when the business is closed
- Again, this may not be ideal at, for example, a private residence
How does buying a registered office address work?
When you choose a cheap registered office address from Hoxton Mix, you get access to a range of services that you can build into your own bespoke Virtual Office package, and tailor it however works best for you.
Among the many benefits of our registered office address services, you can take advantage of features such as:
- Mail handling, drop-off and pickup services operating Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm
- Alerts from us when you receive certain types of official communications
- A prime mailing address at an impressive central London location
- Easier completion of the Companies House registration requirements and processes
- No additional postage charges - our flexible-term, low monthly price is all you will pay, regardless of how much post you receive
- Cancel your plan at any time, with no hidden cancellation fees or charges beyond your current billing period
For more information or to discuss how Virtual Office packages or registered office addresses might work for you and your company, contact us today. We’re always happy to talk you through how things work here at Hoxton Mix, and how our products can help you set up your new business more smoothly.